How did you get over yours?

Home Forums Phobias How did you get over yours?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Abs Abs 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Abs
    Abs
    Keymaster

I suffered from aerophobia (fear of flying) for years–I wouldn’t get on a plane for any reason. I missed weddings, funerals, parties and family get-togethers, but I just couldn’t do it. I would get so sick in the airport, I couldn’t even go to the gate. Then, I started taking an Ativan (1mg) the night before my flight and another one an hour before my flight. I was very groggy, but I was able to get on the plane. If I needed to, I would take another half of a pill during the flight if I started to get panicky (or if there was turbulence).

At first I flew only short nonstop flights. 2-3 hours max. But, gradually, I increased my distance until I was finally able to fly from Florida to California. I continued to rely on medication to fly for a few years, but, now, I fly drug-free and everywhere!

Now if I could just get over my Katsaridaphobia (fear of roaches)! not joking–I really do suffer from that phobia

The forum ‘Phobias’ is closed to new topics and replies.